Monday, November 14, 2011

Caterpillar 583 Pipelayer [Norscot 1:50] – Latest addition

This weekend I received this latest addition in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar 583 Pipelayer

This diecast scale model is made in a "limited" edition of 5000 pieces in 1997 by Norscot in scale 1:50. The model is packaged in a full color sleeve around the plain white box.

The model is actually a makeover Conrad 594 pipelayer with a different package, wrong type designation and metal tracks. The model is produced by Conrad as model #2875 and comes with a Norscot finish. Norscot had in fact acquired the rights to produce Caterpillar scale models and started releasing a series of reissues Ertl, Conrad and NZG models.

Never the less I still would add this scale model to my collection. I am now a happy collector in possession of #717.

Soon I will add more pictures from the model, machine 1:1 and background information in the category Pipelayers


No comments:

Post a Comment