Saturday, November 8, 2014

NEWS FLASH! Caterpillar 980C Wheel Loader Project

Within our group of Caterpillar collectors are builders who built various custom versions by using standard scale models as a donor for their custom project.

It is already many years ago that Ben Gelijk (with help from Ad Gevers) builded in a very limited edition a custom model of the Caterpillar 980C Wheel Loader in 1:50 scale. This gave me the idea to see if I can, perhaps in collaboration with other collectors, also add this model to my Caterpillar 980 series Wheel Loader collection.
  • Caterpillar 980C Wheel Loader
After thorough research (thanks Ad and Gertjan) I discovered that the Caterpillar 980C is made by using the Caterpillar 992C Wheel Loader Shinsei in scale 1:75 (Yes, you read that correctly!) and the cabin of the Caterpillar 966D of NZG in 1:50 scale.

On the first three pictures you can see the custom built Caterpillar 980C made by Ben Gelijk and on the next three photos the scale models and the original Caterpillar brochure I'm going to use for my custom project.

If you are interested to build this model, or if you have the model already builded in your collection, let me know through info@minimovers.nl and maybe we can continue together and get this project started.

I'm looking forward for your reactions,

Wouter

No comments:

Post a Comment