Monday, July 6, 2015

LATEST ADDITION! Grove ATS540 [Norscot 1:50]

Already a few weeks ago I received this latest rare addition in my collection and finally found some time and took it to the photo set:
  • Grove ATS540 Truck Mounted Hydraulic Crane #30098
For many years I've been looking for a scale model of a Truck Mounted Hydraulic Crane Crane that fits in my collection Caterpillar. Sofar as I know Caterpillar has never released such a machine type in 1:1 so it became a quest for a 1:1 mobile crane which is provided with a Caterpillar engine, and which of course also as a scale model in 1:50 has been released.

Recently I found out that the Grove ATS540 Truck Mounted Hydraulic Crane meets both criteria. The 1:1 version is equipped with a Caterpillar 3126 HEUI, six-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine and he is reduced to 1:50th scale released by Norscot.

While searching I discovered that it is not so easy to find this scale model and that then in my eyes, often an absurdly high price tag was attached for a nice, but certainly not high class performed serially cast, Truck Mounted Hydraulic Crane scale model.

Fortunately brought my "Suche" (Wanted) advertisement in BAGGERMODELLE me in touch with a fellow collector, who was prepared for a decent price, to sell his scale model to me.

So in the end I'm very lucky that I can add another rare scale model to my Caterpillar collection.

Enjoy the first photo! I will add more pictures from the Grove ATS540 Truck Mounted Hydraulic Crane scale model, machine 1:1 and background information in the category PoweredbyCAT So stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment