Tuesday, July 28, 2015

MiniMovers visits Tonkin Replicas Europe

Almost a year ago I went for the last time to visit Tonkin Replicas Europe and so it was about time to once again meet.

Today I traveled without my best (Caterpillar) Friend Ad Gevers but with a box Zeeuwse bolussen off to Montfoort to arrive just before noon and been warmly welcomed by Joris Gielen and Joost Vermeij.

It is clear to everyone that in the second year Tonkin Replicas started with producing Caterpillar scale models they have not been standing still. In fact after the first announcement in 2013 of a large wheel loader program there are currently almost 30 Caterpillar scale models of all machine types in the 1:50th and 1:87th range available or in the pipeline to be released.

In addition, also Kobelco, Link Belt, Nooteboom, KAMAG and Nicoloas have been added to the program. Because some of these manufacturers use Caterpillar components, such as Engines in their 1:1 machines, we are also waiting anxiously what surprises this are going to bring.

In addition, now appear on a regular basis versions in corporate colors of the above machines including wellknown companies like Mammoet and the Vinci Group.

Furthermore the close collaboration with the Dutch company Tekno, known worldwide for their excellent truck and trailers in 1:50th scale, since the beginning of 2014, has certainly contributed to a higher quality and detail of the scale models Tonkin Replicas the coming period will be released.

imageTonkin Replicas has set the bar high for themselves and is constantly busy to produce better Scale Models. Therefore it is nice that they listen to the collectors and also give us the opportunity to share our experiences with them. I am also critical about some of the released models, but I am convinced that the interplay of Caterpillar and Tonkin Replicas have to grow and how simple things can sometimes appear to be that there was no other choice than to produce the model, while we must not lose sight of the fact that all these Caterpillar scale models are unfortunately not initially created for us as collectors but just for marketing purposes of Caterpillar. Take it from me that Tonkin Replicas perfectly can develop, produce and deliver Scale models. The best proof are in my eyes the recently released Caterpillar 621K and 627K Wheel Tractor Scrapers. They are both world class models!!!

Despite the hectic and bustle around the preparations for the forthcoming BAUMA[abc]I was allowed to see the prototype of the announced Caterpillar 555D Skidder and some other new scale models. Unfortunately I can not, due to the stringent requirements of Caterpillar, share any pictures with you, but I can you tell that I'm very pleased with the upcoming projects!!!

imageFor my "photo shoot moment" I was allowed to show the recently released KAMAG Slag Transporter collectible scale model manufactured by Tonkin Replicas in scale 1:50 exclusive and in a strictly Limited Edition for KAMAG. The KAMAG Slag Transporter in 1:1 is provided with a Caterpillar C15 Acert Engine so you understand this beauty will be added to my "PoweredbyCat" collection soon.

A must have for every scale model collector!

It is expected that, when Caterpillar give their final approval to the announced models, most models will be available in your diecast scale model store or webshop shortly after the BAUMA spring 2016. Of course we can expect some surprises, but how well I did my best and tried to distract Joris and Joost both gentlemen unfortunately did not leave me for a single second alone so I could not have a sneak look in the office cabinets or hack their computers. But there are some new announcements in the pipeline that was obvious. So we all have to wait and see.....

At the end of the afternoon I was friendly urged to return home, because Joris and Joost had an eye on that I otherwise still had been there until today.

Wouter

No comments:

Post a Comment